This event includes the Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP) program as well as the Certified Security Compliance Specialist™ (CSCS™) program.
Course fee includes the Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP) and the Certified Security Compliance Specialist™ (CSCS™) training manuals, which will be provided on the first day of each class. Also included, continental breakfast, lunch & snacks during the training days.
The training program includes Quick Reference Cards (QRC) to support the materials provided for the course.
From CHP boot camp you will learn the following about HIPAA:
- Understand why HIPAA requirements will cause significant changes in policies, procedures and processes within the organization in the handling of patient records.
- Examine how implementing HIPAA will affect the way healthcare entities organize and staff to achieve and monitor compliance with patient privacy/confidentiality needs.
- Step through qualifications and positioning strategies for a Chief Privacy Officer and requirements for a Chief Security Officer.
- Learn why HIPAA compliance is better focused as a business issue than as an IT issue, although IT will play a major role in implementing compliant systems.
- Review specific requirements and implementation features within each security category.
From CSCS™ security boot camp you will learn how to:
- Examine the security aspects of the critical compliance steps.
- Learn about the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
- Understand all required and addressable Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Security Rule implementation specifications.
- Analyze the international security standard, ISO 27000.
- Learn about the major control objectives.
- Understand the Security certification and accreditation process for U.S. federal information systems.
- Step through processes for conducting a comprehensive Risk analysis and Vulnerability assessments.
- Review key compliance requirements for developing the framework for Business Continuity Planning (BCP).
For inquires about this special event please contact John Schelewitz at +1.515.444.1221
Security Regulatory Compliance Training (CHP+CSCS™)
- Product Code: CHPCSCS-CLASS
- Availability: In Stock