CHP Certification Course 101-110. (CHP exam is not included)
The Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP) exam validates knowledge and skills in the core areas of HIPAA Administrative Simplification legislation, Transactions and Code Sets Requirements, Privacy Requirements and Security Requirements.
Curriculum to Prepare for CHP Exam:
- 101. HIPAA Certification Online: HIPAA Background
- 102. HIPAA Certification Online: HITECH Act and the Final Rule
- 103. HIPAA Certification Online: HIPAA Compliance. Who Has to Comply
- 104. HIPAA Certification Online: HIPAA Penalties and Fines
- 105. HIPAA Certification Online: HIPAA Privacy Rule
- 106. HIPAA Certification Online: HIPAA Transactions and Code Sets
- 107. HIPAA Certification Online: HIPAA Identifiers
- 108. HIPAA Certification Online: HIPAA Security Rule
- 109. HIPAA Certification Online: HIPAA Administrative Safeguards
- 110. HIPAA Certification Online: Physical Safeguards, Technical Safeguards & Other Standards
From this course you will learn the following about HIPAA:
- Understand why HIPAA requirements will cause significant changes in policies, procedures and processes within the organization in the handling of patient records
- Examine how implementing HIPAA will affect the way healthcare entities organize and staff to achieve and monitor compliance with patient privacy/confidentiality needs
- Step through qualifications and positioning strategies for a Chief Privacy Officer and requirements for a Chief Security Officer
- Learn why HIPAA compliance is better focused as a business issue than as an IT issue, although IT will play a major role in implementing compliant systems
- Review specific requirements and implementation features within each security category
- Step through how to plan and prepare for HIPAA compliance. HIPAA is about awareness first, assessment second and finally action focused on gaps identified
Certification in HIPAA regulations can provide a distinguishing factor for potential employer selection of employees in the healthcare information technology industry. Also provides a solid foundation to quickly identify potential violations of HIPAA regulations and a solid knowledge of how to correct problems. Employers will realize fewer potential loss incidents from HIPAA violations when employees are more thoroughly trained in the regulations. Patients will have greater confidence in a healthcare providers’ ability to protect their personal information.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is about insurance portability, fraud, and administrative simplification. In this HIPAA training boot camp we examine basics of the Administrative Simplification portion of the HIPAA legislation. We examine HIPAA Transactions and Code Sets, Identifiers, Privacy and Security. It is this provision of the HIPAA regulation that is the watershed legislation for healthcare information systems.
This HIPAA provision is resulting in substantial changes in business development processes, policies and procedures for all covered entities – providers (hospitals, laboratories, and pharmacies), clearinghouses and payers.
After payment processing, a confirmation for access to the course will be provided within one business day. The course must be taken within a 6 month period from the date access is provided.
- Product Code: CHP-COURSE
- Availability: In Stock